SENIOR OPEN STABLEFORD, SENIOR OPEN TEXAS SCRAMBLE AND HANDICAP OPEN ALL CANCELLED
The above competitions scheduled for Tuesday 5 May, Tuesday 26 May and Sunday 31 May 2020 have all been cancelled due to the ongoing COVID situation.
If you have entered to play the club will be in touch to arrange a refund soon.
BAR AND CATERING SERVICE CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
As previously circulated we have continued to monitor the situation but due to the serious nature and circumstances we have no choice but to close the bar and catering services with immediate effect. The club have not made taken this decision lightly but to protect staff, members and guests during these unprecedented times.
The locker rooms will remain open but please take every precaution necessary to protect yourself while using the facility as per government advice.
The course will remain open but again please heed the advice previously issued.
The office and Pro shop will remain open for the time being.
The situation will be reviewed after 14 days but we hope our members will continue to support the club during this very difficult time.
We are continuing to monitor Government and WHO advice on dealing with the spread of Coronavirus (COVID – 19) to ensure the safety of our members, guests and staff.
We will, of course, follow the advice and direction of the Government on staging sporting events, and at the present time we are planning as normal for various Club events over the next few months.
All Club events / activities will proceed as planned and the Clubhouse will remain open as usual with the normal provision of food and beverage.
Within the Club, our employees have been instructed to do the following to prevent the spread of any virus:
- Wash hands often with soap and water and use hand sanitisers
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Stay home while you are sick
- Cover your mouth/nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing
- Clean your doorknobs, light switches, and commonly touched areas with disinfectant wipes frequently
Members are asked: –
- Not to come to the Club if you have been in a high-risk area of the world in the past three weeks and not to bring a guest who has been in these areas.
- Not to come to the club if feeling unwell.
- If you have tested positive for the virus, please inform the Club when you were last at the club so appropriate action can be taken and, as necessary, any contacts can be traced.
- If coughing or sneezing when at the club, please use paper tissues and bin after use and wash your hands.
- While at the Club please wash your hands regularly and thoroughly.
- Avoid touching your face or eyes.
- If possible, use card for payment rather than cash.
The situation will continue to be monitored and members will be updated when necessary. The position is fast moving and the services and events in the Clubhouse may be subject to change at short notice.
In the meantime, we continue to operate as normal whilst encouraging everyone to take sensible measures to protect ourselves from adding to the outbreak.
2019 CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP
Club Championship Winner 2019: Jamie McIntosh
Ladies Championship Winner 2019: Kate McIntosh